Monday, November 30, 2009

The Journey

June 10, 2009

I'm am writing this note, because of the journey I've been on the last 20 months. To say the least it's been an incredible one. Sometimes filled with some emotional ups and downs, but a journey worth taking.It all started in October of 2007. We have an annual women's conference at our church. The guest speaker is Chene' Tucker, she has become a trusted friend of our church. A servant of God in the truest sense of the word. One of the qualities I love about her ministry is she prays for every woman that attends the conference, no small feat. At this conference, I am very occupied with praying for it, it consumes me actually, for the previous weeks and days leading up to it.I want every woman to be ministered to, and to come away knowing Jesus better. I know that sounds so simplistic, but isn't that what every pastor, leader in the Body of Christ should desire? It's my greatest desire. And I have never been disappointed. The Lord is faithful. Well, this particular October, of 2007, she prayed for me. A short, simple prayer really, "The Lord is going to give you the international vision.", was the prayer. I have learned a few things, over the years, and instead of going on the rollercoaster of, "I wonder if it's this, or could it be that", which is my usual response! I decided, with much help from the Helper Himself, to leave it alone. My heart engaged with the prayer, but my head wasn't going to play the games it usually does.This was the right way to go, because about a month later, during a worship service, I was niclely minding myself, worshipping my God, and suddenly I had a vision, now when I say this, for me, not one given to visions, in my heart I saw Asian girls. Not just a few, but many, little girls, school aged girls and teens and young women. Ummm, I was taken by surprise, and just decided to pray about it and keep it tucked in my heart. My heart was very touched and the waterworks started to flow.I am not a very emotional person, but when the Presence touches my heart, the response is usually quick and very wet! Face, cheeks, chin, sometimes shirt! Well, this was one of those occasions. And it left me with more questions then answers.This was the beginning of my journey and a journey in which I found myself holding onto His Hand and asking alot of questions.I will be continuing this journey with anyone who wants to read it. It is meant ot be a source of encouragement to the readers, and a testimony of our Awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment